Cipières is a stunning, listed medieval mountain village affording tremendous views of the Alpes Maritimes and the Gorges du Loup, reached by a picturesque mountain road.
The road to Cipières ends in the village square so there is no through traffic and few wandering tourists to disturb the tranquility.
The peaceful atmosphere is enhanced by the beautiful aroma of lavender, thyme and rosemary.
- The village bar/restaurant "Les Ormeaux" offers great food at a good price. Open every lunch time and in the evenings by request.
Call 04 93 58 78 70 to make a reservation or just pop in during the day.
- "Cippus Pizza" in the village makes wonderful woodfired pizzas. Open in the evenings 18.30 - 22.00 and lunch only on Wednesdays.
Takeaway and delivery to Maison Rose available. If you're arriving in Cipières late, a pizza delivery can be arranged with prior notice. Cippus are also available to come to cater at Maison Rose - paella or brochettes (kebabs) on the BBQ! Call 04 93 59 39 86.
Please be aware that the local restaurants may change their opening times according to season!
- The epicerie/local shop sells most everyday items.
- A local farm sells organic chickens, ducks, rabbits and eggs. You can also buy local goats cheeses and honey.
Visit the Cipières Festival Committee website for full details of events happening in and around the village. Google can cleverly translate this page in to English!
Learn to speak French with Greolingua
Tailor made tuition with Valerie Saltry, a fully qualified French teacher based in Gréolières. She is a French national with experience in teaching both here and abroad. Enthusiastic and possessing an infectious sense of humour, learning with Greolingua is both fun and rewarding.
- Find competitive car hire;